Cornbread and Salami Dressing
1. Place rack in middle of oven; preheat oven to 350°. Butter a 13×9″ glass baking dish. Arrange cornbread in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet and bake, tossing halfway through, until golden brown around edges and partially dried out, 25–30 minutes. Let cool.
2. Meanwhile, melt 1 Tbsp. butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook salami, tossing often, until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer salami to a large bowl.
3. Add remaining 7 Tbsp. butter to skillet and let melt. Add onion, celery, and garlic, and season with salt and pepper. Cook (still over medium), stirring occasionally, until very soft, 10–12 minutes. Add sage and toss to combine.
4. Add croutons and toasted cornbread to salami and gently toss to combine. Add vegetable mixture and any butter in skillet and gently toss again. Drizzle broth over and let it absorb into bread; season with salt and pepper. Toss gently until just combined (overmixing will cause the cornbread to fall apart); season with more salt and pepper if needed. Dressing should be moist, but there shouldn’t be any liquid pooling in bottom of bowl.
5. Transfer to prepared baking dish and bake until golden brown on top and bottom, 40–45 minutes.